Friday, June 29, 2007

What Did You Do Today??

Mommy - "What did you do today?"
Brother - "I don't want to talk about it."
Mommy - "How come?"
Brother - "Because you always ask me what I did everyday."
Mommy - "That's because you always do fun things during the day."
Brother - "Well, I don't want to tell you everyday."
Mommy - "Well you know, when you start school, you have to tell me what you did. The teachers say so..." bad I know...

This almost daily conversation isn't new. It started on the second day he started preschool (age 3). I don't know what happened. On the first day I got to ask a lot of questions, like:

What did you do today?
Do you like your teacher?
Were the other kids nice?
What are the kids names?
What did you have for snack?
What did you have for lunch?
Did you eat your vegetables?
Did you do circle time?
Did you get to color?
Did you get to play outside?
Did you get to sing?
Did you listen to the teacher?
Were you a good boy?

I just don't know why he doesn't like me to ask him questions anymore...

No comments: