I have discovered something about myself recently. I am still shy, deep down inside. I had thought that I had outgrown that trait while flourishing into a wonderful wife and mother (well, you know...). However, I am realizing that I have not outgrown my shyness. One problem that goes along with that is that I also love to volunteer for stuff! Since I love to volunteer, than I surely must have outgrown my shyness, right? I am currently the Team Mom for Soccer (I actually have been for quite a few seasons now with Brother's different teams) and I have no problem sending out weekly emails with important reminders. I also love to schedule the snacks and pick out the trophies. When I go to the practices and games however, I am pretty quiet and tend to stay to myself. With Brother in school, I am the Photography Mom (no problem since I get to hide behind the camera...now if only I had a bigger camera...) and the Room Mom (which means I get to organize the parties. Lots of fun). One problem as the Room Mom, is that along with organizing the parties, I have to line up the volunteers...Hmm... I am currently organizing the Harvest Party for next week, and I am finding myself having a hard time making phone calls to my volunteers.
As I wonder why I am having such a hard time calling people, I am realizing that my 'shy' side is still very much a part of me. Hmmm, I think that I am doing a self diagnosis. I guess I have to put my Psychology Minor to good use! Why should I just use it on my husband and kids... Now that I am completely outside of my comfort zone, I am going to bury this post. Not that anyone reads my blog anyway (yep you guessed it...too shy to tell many people about it...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
People read your blog silly! You are a little shy....of course, we met your hubby first cause he's so not shy....but we think you are both so very friendly! Be brave and make those phone calls! You are always so smily and happy that people love to hear from you! So, pick up that phone and dial those numbers! =0)
The Things We Say
I know, I know...I did talk to a bunch of mom's yesterday during the field trip, so that helped. Since I have met them, it will be better to call them in the future. We'll see!
don't feel bad about it....... we all have something deep in side that keeps us comfortable..... I can totally understand the shy side.... I think it has to do with being an only child......... I too know a thing or two about that....
You do fine! Dork!
Post a Comment