Thursday, March 27, 2008

What Does the Future Hold?

With a panic sound to his voice, Brother said the other day in the car, "I don't know what I am going to do in the future."

I believe that he was talking about his upcoming soccer games this season, since we were coming home from soccer practice, but his question seemed much bigger than that. I reassured him that no one knows what the future holds and that he could do what ever he wanted with his life. The options are endless.

I even admitted that mommy doesn't know what she wants to do when she grows up. Which is true by the way. I am considering going back to school...which could lead to a new chapter in my life, and I am not sure if I am ready for that. Of course one can never have too much education or drive to learn, but it is also scary at the same time. Big decision I am pondering, so Brother's statement about the future hit very close to home.

No comments: