Thursday, June 19, 2008

Second Week Is Over!

I have survived my second week of school! This week I completed 2 quizzes and took my first test. I got an 'A' on my test, however I am not basking in the glory, since I know that I should have gotten a better score (I am very hard on myself I guess). I think that I am out to prove to myself (and anyone else who cares), that you are never too old to go back to school and do well. Even if you have a full time job...and a family with small children...and your class is regarding federal taxation and all of the laws that comes with it... Wow! I guess I need to keep proving it to myself so that I don't give up and hide under my bed...

Daddy has been great these last few weeks. He is very supportive of me, and I appreciate it. He is doing a good job of running the household when I am upstairs trying to study. He is doing so well, that I told him that he might get a promotion (more work without any more "pay"). He didn't think that was very funny. I think he might be scared that it may become a reality. Actually, he likes going around saying that he is married to a college student. I think it make him feel young! It brings him back to the old days when I was in college, before we had a mortgage, being responsible for little children, only having beer and pizza in our refrigerator, being able to stay up late at night (playing pool or darts) and still able to get up early the next morning, did I mention mortgage?

Since I have been in school, life has been still been going on around me. I will try and post some pictures of what the kids have been up to this weekend. All I have to do this weekend is complete a Tax Return Assignment, work on the next Research and Writing assignment, read 3 more Tax Court cases, and get started on reading my book regarding tax policy for the extra credit book report assignment. Should be a slow weekend... If you can't find me, check under the bed...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad you are surviving!