Monday, June 2, 2008

Heart Broken

So it happened yesterday, Brother broke my heart. It is not the first time and I am sure that it will not be the last (we haven't even hit the teenage years yet!). Daddy was working yesterday, so I thought that it would be fun to take Brother to a movie and ditch the house work for a little while. I had arranged for Grandma to watch Bugs during her nap while Brother and I went to the movie. We get in the car to go to Grandma's. Brother asked if he got to decide if he wanted to stay at Grandma's with Bugs or go to the movies. I told him that Bugs and Grandma are going to take a nap, so if he stayed, then he would have to take a nap also. He was silent for a minute and then said fine, he would take a nap.

WHAT!!

This is when I turned around and we went home. Back to house work. Daddy said that I shouldn't take it personally. How can I not? He would rather go to Grandma's and take a nap than go on a special date with me at the movie theatre and eat popcorn?! Yea, I take it personal...However, I also know that with parenthood comes joy and heartache. I just wish it didn't hurt so bad...

1 comment:

tulip said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! It IS very hard not to take it personal! Yet you know that your kids love you like crazy and are great kids. They wouldn't be that way if it weren't for your love, encouragement and sacrifice. Just remember to give your hurting heart to God and He will return it with joy!

Chin up, my dear!
We're all in this together!
In Christ,
tulipkids