Friday, September 19, 2008

Walk-A-Thon

The PTA had a walk-a-thon yesterday at brother's school for their fundraiser. Bugs and I went after school to hang out while brother was walking. (If I was smart, I would have brought my tennis shoes and walked with him...that would have required pre-planning). It was a beautiful day. They had cones in the grass for a make shift track for the younger kids, so I am not sure how long the laps were. Brother had a great time walking with various friends as they came and went. Bugs walked a few laps with him also. He stopped for some rest and snacks, but then he wanted to walk some more. Finally, after a few hours when they were closing up, I made him stop so that we could go home. The tally was 52 laps! Oh my goodness! If the track was 1/6th of a mile (like Grandma thinks) then my poor little boy walked over 8 miles! I am starting to think that I am a bad mom letting walk that much, but he wanted to and was having fun. The alternative would have been to go home and hang out with his sister and do homework, so maybe he is smarter than we think... Oh well, I guess it would be nice to be 6 again and have all of that energy.

I was going to pledge him $1 per lap...I might have to hit up the Grandma's and Papa's...



No comments: