Before Bugs really started walking, she would always be looking for a hand to hold. Because she was unsure of her footing, she wanted the security of Mommy's or Daddy's hand. Ever since she has really taken off on her own, a few months ago, she has become very independent and WILL NOT take a hold of the offered hand. Normally when we offer her a hand, we get the 'cold shoulder turn brush off'.
Today, I offered her a hand as I was leading her out of her room and down the hall, she actually took it! She held my hand all the way to our destination, the living room. Actually, whenever I offered her a hand today (going in and out of the house, being led out of the kitchen so I could finish unloading the dishwasher...) she took it. It was so sweet and gentle. Her very independent nature will only get more pronounced with time, so I need to capture and cherish these fleeting moments when they are offered as I am not sure what tomorrow will bring...


No comments:
Post a Comment