Friday, July 27, 2007

Kindergarten, Here I Come!

Brother started school, so we officially have a kindergartner on our hands! How old does that make us?? Well, we won't talk about that... He was very excited to ride the school bus, I think more so than actually going to school. Hmmm...definitely a boy car/truck/motor vehicle thing. I took the day off so that I could document this grand day.

Here he is waiting for the school bus. I asked him if he wanted me to take his picture, but he said no. However, mom always rules, so here he is. Looking very smart I might add.


Again waiting for the bus. It was a little late, however, that is expected on the first day. I am sure that there were several parents out taking pictures and meeting the bus driver. Brother was getting very concerned and nervous as he waited.


Yea, it finally arrived! Brother is all business as he gets on the bus.


This is Brother with his bus driver, Mickey. At least she looks to be under 75 years old...That must be a good sign...



After he got on the bus, Bugs and I got in the car and made a mad dash to the school. Hey, at least in my credit I didn't follow behind it to school. I was thinking that I was a little nuts, but that subsided when I saw the mob of other mothers waiting with their cameras for the school buses to arrive.

Here he is getting off the bus at school. At this point there may have been a tear forming in my eye, but that is strictly rumour. Brother is all business today. He waived at me when he got off the bus, but he proceeded to walk right past me to his classroom. Very intense.

Here is Brother trying to pose for a picture with Bugs. However, she was way to busy with all of the activity going on to even think about standing still. Notice her 'slide out of his grip by twisting my wrist' move she is doing. Very effective.


Ahhhh...the teacher tries to 'coral' the kids by having them line up against the wall. She looks pretty threatening with her teddy bear.

She tells the kids to waive to their parents and tell them good bye.

However, Brother wants to get on with business, so he only waived for a second. He is now ready to get moving. Too bad he is being held up by the cute, loving children waiving to their parents and posing for pictures. Brother happened to ask me earlier why I was taking so many picture of him. Because I am the mom, that's why!

They start to file into the classroom. Good bye! Have a nice day!


Good...bye....

Funny, I get the feeling that they don't want the parents to go into the classroom today, as we were stranded outside...Hmmm...
That is all of the pictures I have. Bugs and I picked him up a few hours later, just long enough for us to go grocery shopping. I had brought my camera with me when we picked him up, but with all of the parents there and juggling Bugs (who thought she owned the place), the camera never came on. Maybe another time...

No comments: